Mojo attaches a great importance to the confidentiality of personal data, adopted as a working principle and gave working instructions to the employees in compliance with this principle. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. If you have any data protection queries or require further information on how the council handles your data, please feel free to contact our Data Protection Officer at [email protected].
If we ever need additional personal information for a specific reason, we will tell you and ask for your permission. Also, to the extent that Mojo has links to other websites (like retailers), please note that we do not own, operate, or control them, and they have their own controlling privacy policies that you should review.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
2. What Data Do We Collect and Why
In order to provide our products, Mojo collects information you share directly with us when you use our website, extension, and other products. We DO NOT sell your personal information. Ever. Though you don’t have to, you can choose to provide your email to set up an account with us, which lets you add items to your favorites, earn rewards, see a personalized recommendation feed, and more. You can also set up your profile with your name and other info for a more personalized experience.
Mojo also collects technical information about your device and use of Mojo to make sure that our products are working correctly. The information we collect is geared to providing Mojo members with a better way to shop online and to help us develop, improve, and market our services.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity Data: first name, last name, username or similar identifier.
- Contact Data: email address.
- Transaction Data: includes details of transactions made by Mojo users.
- Device Data: includes the type and version of browser being used, your device operating system, screen size, time zone setting, and geographical identifiers.
- Profile Data: includes your username and password, purchase history, your interests, preferences, and feedback.
- Usage Data: includes details of your use of Mojo including, but not limited to, traffic data and the resources that you access.
We DO NOT collect any special categories of personal data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
The Website, the Browser Extension, and the Mobile App are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect personal data relating to children.
This data allows us to make sure Mojo products are working correctly, to make your experience better, and to detect and prevent fraud. Also, to help us coordinate our communications and marketing campaigns, and to understand how our users engage with our products, we use common digital tools that allow us to see if you opened an email we sent, visited a link in those emails, or generally interacted with Mojo as a result of our marketing efforts.
3. How Is Your Personal Data Collected?
We will collect and process the following data about you in the following ways:
- Information you give us. This is information you consent to giving us about you by filling in forms on the Site, or by corresponding with us (for example, by email). It includes information you provide when you register to use Mojo, download or register Mojo, use the Services on websites , make a purchase using a code, deal, offer or promotion provided by Mojo and when you report a problem with Mojo, our Service, or any of our Sites. If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence.
We automatically collect information to ensure that our products work correctly on different devices and browsers. This includes data like:
- the type of device you’re using
- the device’s unique ID (where available)
- operating system
- browser type
- IP address
- event stamp
- error logs
We will receive personal data about you from various third parties as set out below:
- If you choose to link a social media profile (like Facebook) at sign-in, Mojo will store this information for login purposes. Linking your social media profile grants Mojo access to the profile, but only as allowed by your permission settings, that platform’s terms of service, and this Privacy Notice. We will NOT track any of your social media activity, and we cannot post anything on your behalf.
- If you choose to sign in with Google, you’ll have the option of importing your contacts so that you can refer your friends to Mojo. Referral addresses are masked, so we never see or store them, nor can we contact anyone without your permission.
4. How We Use Your Data
We know how important your personal data is to you, so we will never sell it. We’ll only share it with your consent or in ways you’d expect (as we explain here). That means we will share your data if needed to complete your purchase, with businesses who help us operate Mojo, or if we are legally required to do so.
We may also share information in the following cases:
- with your express consent;
- in an aggregate or anonymized format that does not identify any specific person;
- as required by law, or to comply or respond to a valid government request;
- when we believe in good faith that it’s necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, or investigate fraud;
- with a buyer or successor if Mojo is involved in a merger, acquisition, or similar corporate transaction. If that happens, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on the Website of any change in ownership, as well as any choices you will have as a result.
Third parties collecting your data through cookies or other similar technologies referred to above may use the information to provide you with interest-based (behavioural) advertising or other targeted content.
We utilise services provided by Google Inc. You can read information about how Google uses data from these services here.
5. How We Protect Your Personal Data
We recognize the importance of maintaining the security of our users’ personal information, and we have taken technical and organisational measures to protect your data from loss or unauthorised access. These measures include limiting access, using encryption, testing for vulnerabilities, advanced malware detection, employing pseudonymization and anonymization techniques, and more. The transfer of all data is done with encryption, the algorithm of which includes, but is not limited to RSA and AES.
- Session cookies: They will be erased once you close the browser or shut down the device. They are stored on your computer or mobile device for no longer than 24 months.
- Persistent cookies: They will remain even after closing the browser or shutting down the device and will be activated each time you visit the Sites.
- Third-party cookies: They are used to collect statistics in aggregate form in analysis tools.
- to establish statistics and volumes of visits and use of the various elements that make up our site
- to adapt the presentation of our site to the display preferences of your computer
- to memorize information relating to a form that you have completed on our site
- to allow you to access reserved and personal areas of our site or such as your Profile, using identifiers or data that you may have entrusted to us
- to implement security measures, for example when you are asked to sign in to a content or service again after a certain period of time
7. Links to Other Sites
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Updated January 24, 2021